International Students

International Student Support

We take pride in welcoming students from all over the world and believe that international students bring a cultural dynamic to our classes that are beneficial for all. ICOHS College is certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and the Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to issue I-20s for students to apply for the M-1 Visa. For more information on the M-1 type of visa, please visit Our campus is located in San Diego, one of California's most beautiful cities.

How to Apply as an International Student

Application Deadlines

ICOHS College accepts applications all year round. You are encouraged to apply at least 30 days before the first date of the quarter. For start dates, please review the Academic Calendar.

The Application Process

After you submit your online application, ICOHS College will review all documents and if admission is granted, a SEVIS I-20 will be issued for you to request an M-1 Visa at the U.S. embassy.


(Change status from B-1-B2, F-1 or other visa status to M-1)

Students who are currently in the U.S. under other types of visa status as B1-B2 or F-1 may apply to ICOHS College at the same time they send a petition for change of non-immigrant status to USCIS. Please, follow application guidelines on the Department of Home Security here. You may have to change your non-immigrant status if you are already in the United States on a valid non-immigrant visa for a purpose other than attending school, such as for tourism, and are interested in studying at a U.S. school. You have two options:

  1. Leave the United States and follow the same process that you would if you were applying to come to the United States from your home country to study:

    • Apply to and receive acceptance from ICOHS College

    • Receive a new initial Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for nonimmigrant Student Status” from International College of Holistic Studies

    • Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee

    • Apply for a visa to travel to the United States

    • Return to the United States to begin your studies.

  2. Remain in the United States and submit an application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to change your nonimmigrant status by following these steps:

    • Apply to and receive acceptance from ICOHS College

    • Receive a new initial Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for nonimmigrant Student Status” from ICoHS. ICoHS will give the change of status in the Issue Reason section of the Form I-20.

    • Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee.

    • File a Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status,” with USCIS. Not all nonimmigrant classifications may change status. Read the instructions carefully to ensure that your category is eligible.

    • If you are changing status from B-1/B-2 to F or M student, refrain from enrolling in or beginning your studies until USCIS has approved your change of status. If USCIS has not adjudicated your change of status at least 15 days before the program start date on your Form I-20, contact the DSO at your new school. You may need to wait to attend (have deferred attendance).

    • Enroll in and begin studies while your change of status application is pending if you meet the following conditions:

    • You are eligible to change the status

    • You have submitted an application to change to F or M student status

    • You are not currently in the United States on a visa waiver program or on a B-1/B-2. C, D, K, S or V visa

    • Receive from USCIS (if approved), a Form I-797A, "Notice of Action,” which will include an updated Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record” listing your new status and the day you must depart the United States (which may be either your “admit until” date or the date of your duration of stay).

    • If USCIS denies your application, be prepared to leave the United States when your current status expires.

Contact an Admissions Advisor today!

(858) 581-9460

1770 Fourth Avenue

San Diego, CA, 92101

Policies & Disclosures

© 2020 ICOHS College